Have you ever considered replacing a missing tooth? If so, you’re not alone! Millions of people around the world are looking for the best tooth replacement options to restore their smiles. But which type of tooth replacement is best for you at Valley Wide Dental?
This blog will discuss the different types of tooth replacement options at Huntsville, AL, and help you find the perfect solution for your needs. Read on to learn more!
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a modern and popular tooth replacement option that offers a range of benefits over older options. Dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth and are the closest thing to natural teeth you can get. Dental implants are titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone to serve as artificial roots for replacement teeth. The implant is anchored into your jawbone and gums, providing a strong and secure foundation for the prosthetic tooth.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable prosthetics that can replace any number of missing teeth. They are custom-made for each patient to ensure a comfortable fit and natural-looking appearance. With proper care and maintenance, dentures can last for many years.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are a type of dental restoration used to replace missing teeth. A bridge is made up of two or more crowns that are placed on the teeth adjacent to the gap created by the missing tooth. The crowns are then connected by a false tooth, known as a pontic, which fills in the gap. Bridges are held in place with either metal clasps or dental cement and can be used to restore both function and aesthetics.
- Removable Partial Dentures: Removable partial dentures are a type of dental prosthetic that can be used to replace missing teeth. They consist of a metal or plastic framework with false teeth attached to it. The framework is designed to fit over the remaining natural teeth and gums, and the false teeth are designed to match the shape and color of the natural teeth. The partial denture can be removed for cleaning and maintenance.
- Implant-Supported Overdentures: Implant-supported overdentures are a type of denture that is held in place by dental implants. They are designed to provide a more secure and comfortable fit than traditional dentures, as they are secured to the jawbone with implants. Implant-supported overdentures can be used to replace all of the teeth in the upper or lower jaw or just a few missing teeth. The implants are placed in the jawbone and act as anchors for the denture, which helps to prevent it from slipping or moving. This type of denture can also help to preserve the jawbone and prevent bone loss, which is common with traditional dentures.
When it comes to replacing missing teeth, many tooth replacement options are available. Valley Wide Dental, Huntsville, AL, can help you find the right solution for your needs, from dental implants and dentures to bridges and removable partial dentures. We offer a full range of tooth replacement options to restore your smile and provide the best possible care. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you replace your missing teeth!